This is your Direct Debit Service Agreement with The Benevolent Society ABN 95 084 695 045. The Benevolent Society uses Cloud Payments ACN 154 014 785, APCA User ID Number 450969 as its agent to collect the payments / instalments you wish to donate to us by way of direct debit. This agreement sets out what your obligations are when undertaking a direct debit arrangement with us. It also details what our obligations are to you as your direct debit provider.
The following terms used in this agreement have the corresponding meanings:
account means the account held at your financial institution from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited.
agreement means this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement between you and us.
banking day means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a public holiday listed throughout Australia.
debit day means the day that payment by you to us is due.
debit payment means a particular transaction where a debit is made.
Direct Debit Request means your instructions to us for remitting monies by way of direct debit as set out in the https://benevolent.tfaforms.net/4625414 portal.
Us, our or we means The Benevolent Society.
you means the customer who has signed or authorised by other means the Direct Debit Request.
your financial institution means the financial institution nominated by you on the DDR at which the account is maintained.
our financial institution means the financial institution with whom we maintain our account, and where monies paid by you will be credited.
Debiting your account
1. By agreeing to the Direct Debit Request and this agreement you authorise us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account.
2. We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in the Direct Debit Request.
3. If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, your account will be debited on the following banking day. If you are unsure about which day your account has or will be debited you should ask your financial institution.
Amendments by us
We will not vary any details of this agreement or the Direct Debit Request at any time without receiving specific written instructions from you.
Amendments by you
You may change, stop or defer a debit payment, or terminate this agreement by providing us with at least 7 days notification by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or arranging it through your own financial institution, which is required to act promptly on your instructions. If you do not provide us with this notice, we cannot guarantee that the direct debit process can be stopped.
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the Direct Debit Request.
2. If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment:
a. you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution (please speak to your financial institution to understand what these are charges are);
b. you may be required to pay us any fees or charges incurred by us; and
c. you should arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method or arrange for sufficient clear funds to be in your account by an agreed time so that we can reprocess the debit payment.
3. You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct
1. If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly on email@example.com as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query more quickly. Alternatively you can take it up directly with your financial institution.
2. If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
3. If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing.
You should check:
a. with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions;
b. your account details which you have provided to us are correct (we recommend checking them against a recent account statement); and
c. with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request if you have any queries about how to complete the Direct Debit Request.
1. We will keep any information (including your account details) in your Direct Debit Request confidential. We will make all reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
2. We will only disclose information that we have about you:
a. to the extent specifically required by law; or
b. for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim). If there is a dispute or you notify us that an incorrect amount may have been debited, we may be required to disclose your information to our financial institution (to the extent required to resolve the issue).
1. If you wish to notify us in writing about anything relating to this agreement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. We will notify you by sending a notice to the email address you have given us in the https://benevolent.tfaforms.net/4625414